OpenStack Design Summit – Day 2 Review
Another great day at the OpenStack Design Summit in beautiful San Antonio, Texas.
Here are some of the highlights:
- A lot of great business and technical discussions including details around the upcoming Bexar release. Important discussions around brand, trademarking, governance, and use cases.
- Caught wind of an OpenStack conference happening in Tokyo next week – very cool! Get more info at openstack.org if you want more info.
- Had a lot of attendees take me up on a live tour of the Dell PowerEdge C gear at the summit, which will be powering the InstallFest Thursday and Friday. Lots of questions around the particular models represented (which includes PE-C 6100, 6105, 2100, and 1100). If you’re still at the event, and interested in checking it out, find a Dell guy (there are a few of us around today) or tweet me @jbgeorge, and we’ll get you a sneak peek.
- Barton George (@barton808) has posted a number of great interviews and videos from the event – be sure to check it out at www.bartongeorge.net
- Captured a few pictures of the business sessions yesterday, which had a lot of great discussion
Again, for the latest happenings at the Design Summit, search Twitter for #openstack (direct link = http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23openstack). You can also learn more about OpenStack at www.openstack.org.
I’ll actually be heading back today, so will miss a bulk of the InstallFest (work beckons!)
Was great seeing everyone again, and look forward to the next one!
Until next time,
www.jbgeorge.net / @jbgeorge