THIS JUST IN: Dell Open Sources Hadoop Barclamps for Crowbar
Have you been plugged into what Dell is doing in the open source big data space, specifically around Hadoop?
A few months ago, Dell (the company I work for) announced the Dell | Cloudera Hadoop Solution to provide our customers with superfast data mining, processing and analysis, and featured the Dell-developed Crowbar software framework to deploy / manage it.
To make it even cooler, we went ahead and open sourced Crowbar (Apache 2).
And earlier this month, at Hadoop World, we announced our intent to open source a few Hadoop barclamps (Crowbar modules that perform a specific function like configure BIOS).
Well, that day has arrived – the Hadoop barclamps are now open sourced.
Specifically, the newly open sourced barclamps help with the following Hadoop projects:
- Cloudera CDH / Enterprise enables Hadoop administrators to first deploy CDH then easily move to Cloudera Enterprise if/when the business needs warrant.
- Zookeeper allows Apache Hadoop administrators to track and coordinate distributed applications.
- Apache Pig provides a compiler that produces sequences of Map-Reduce programs.
- Flume provides an agent for collecting data and putting into the Hadoop environment.
- Sqoop allows rapid connection to external data sources including relational databases. E.g., data can be moved from Oracle to Hadoop and back again for different types of analysis.
Our team has put together a number of videos to help provide you more detail on what these new barclamps can do – check them out.
- Hadoop Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eilF16KqRmg
- Install Crowbar: http://youtu.be/WAUKMlawrPw
- Basic Build: http://youtu.be/FsOBaAiDgYs
- Advanced Build: http://youtu.be/qvsfXPH5k5Q
Get those barclamps!
Ready to get the barclamps? Head over to https://github.com/dellcloudedge/barclamp-hadoop to download them.
Until next time,