Sneak Peek: Dell at the Fall 2011 OpenStack Design Summit and Conference
It’s that time of year again – leaves changing color, kids back in school, Halloween preparations…
…and time for the the Fall OpenStack Design Summit and Conference!
For Dell, the company I work for, this is our fourth time at bat with the OpenStack summit – and if you do the math, that means we’ve been at EVERY OpenStack Design Summit since the initiative was announced. If you’ve never been, this is a great time to come out and check out what’s happening in this innovative open source community.
Since Dell is among a few vendors that have been a part of OpenStack since Day 1, I can truly say I’m amazed at how far we’ve come. From a fledgling group of partners with a vision for an open source project to a thriving community of over 100 partners and multiple projects in just over a year is an incredible feat.
And there’s no chance that this community is stopping any time soon.
With the release of Diablo, new work ALREADY starting on Essex, and a LOT of customer interest in the Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution, this is an amazing time to be a participant in the community!
So what’s Dell got in store for the Design Summit and Conference next week?
Glad you asked.
- Conference Sponsor – Dell’s been an active part of every Design Summit to date, including sponsorship, gear donation, speaking sessions, etc. And this time around, we’re continuing that tradition as a a top level sponsor of the event.
- Keynote – We’ll have one of our fearless leaders get up on stage and talk about what we’re seeing in the community and the market place, some insight into how OpenStack has positively impacted how we all do cloud, and where we see OpenStack going next.
- Speaking Sessions – A few of the OpenStack veteran celebrities at Dell – Rob Hirschfeld, Greg Althaus, and others – will be speaking at various times throughout the conference, leading sessions, participating in panels, etc. (Please no autographs or flash photography.)
- Live Demos – The Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution is the only HW + SW + Services OpenStack solution on the market, and we’ll be showcasing it LIVE at the conference. And we’ve got a few surprises up our sleeves – Crowbar barclamps anyone??? :)
Get a backstage pass! We’ve been working on some new tech to better enable our customers with OpenStack, but some of it’s not quite ready for prime time demos yet.
If you’re interested in getting a sneak peek at some of the innovation while you’re at the Conference, email us ASAP at OpenStack@Dell.com - we’ll schedule some time for you to meet with our engineers while they’re out in Boston next week, and you’ll get a front row seat to some of the coolness we’re working on.
I plan on blogging a bit next week while I’m at the summit, so be sure to stay tuned for the latest and greatest from Boston.
See you in the Cradle of Liberty!
- The Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution website - www.Dell.com/OpenStack
- Our first customer reference – DreamHost! http://i.dell.com/sites/content/shared-content/solutions/en/Documents/dreamhost-openstack-cloud-case-study.pdf
- Download Crowbar – Dell’s software framework that enables you to install and manage OpenStack – www.github.com/DellCloudEdge
Until next time,